- Whale Rock Ridge was established in 2003 and remains a super successful, high value investment opportunity for both acquisition and premium rental.
- Refer to the article written in December 2019 Business tech which shows the 10 best estates in South Africa and how much it costs to buy a home in one.
New World Wealth released a new report focusing on the best estates in South Africa
- Rated in the South Africa top 10 residential estates by global bank AfrAsia Bank and research group New World Wealth. The 2017 AfrAsia South Africa Wealth Report, revealed that the Garden Route town of Plett is still home to the third most trophy homes in the country (130), usurped only by Johannesburg and Cape Town. Read more here.
- Plett’s total population has soared from 18,000 in 1996 to around 60,000 in 2016, and is projected to reach 140,000 by 2030.
- Plettenberg Bay attracts a broad scope of international, holiday makers, recently retired, and regional buyers. Also attracted are commuting professionals with amenities such as Fibre-to-the-Home to be installed in 2018 and a local Airport.
- Whale Rock Ridge is an intimate estate consisting of 157 erven and is not committed to sponsoring costly facilities such as golf courses, equestrian activity etc. This significantly lowers capital and operating expense costs.
- Management of the Estate in terms of experienced Trustees, management, and outsource partners is in safe hands.
- Homes comply with defined architectural and environmental protocols.
Please refer to the 7 Nov 2018 Property 24 article which comments on the following:
- 2016 , 2017 and 2018, with real estate sales in excess of R1bn, produced three consecutive record-breaking years for Plettenberg Bay. Approximately half of these sales were attributed to secure estates.
- Plettenberg Bay is proving to be one of South Africa’s most resilient housing markets.
- Estate homes now account for 20% of the property landscape.
- Traditionally a holiday town and summer playground of the super-wealthy, Plett has seen a sharp rise in demand for permanent homes in recent years, attracting families in search of a better lifestyle.